We regularly work with Universities and other institutions throughout the UK and abroad to deliver professional standard practical projects with BA and MA students, artists and other participants. Our approach to these projects focuses on providing a process that encourages the students to develop their own material to fit within a group framework. Resulting projects have ranged from large scale group shows, intimate audience encounters, site responsive projects and durational performances.
Creative Residencies & Teaching
We also jointly deliver timetabled modules introducing and developing devised theatre, and supervise the production of students’ own group and solo projects.
Our aim in all of this work is to:
- enable and support the students’ creativity
- encourage exploration and experimentation
- enable them to recognise that their own thematic and formal interests are the most valid areas for exploration
- encourage them to ask more questions of the world around them
- encourage initiative, independence, collaboration and hard work
University Residency Projects include making the performance pieces:
- This Is Where in Happened (University of Hull@ Scarborough / Coastival Festival, 2014)
- Emergency Drinking Water (Leeds Beckett University MA, 2012)
- The Autumn Station (Leeds Beckett University BA, 2012)
- Playback (Leeds Beckett University BA, 2011)
- Table Manners (Leeds Beckett University BA, 2010)
- Lifetimes 23 (University of Hull @ Scarborough, 2008)
- A History of Objects (Leeds Beckett University, 2008)
- Compendium (Leeds Beckett University, 2007)
- 32 Conversations About Everyday Life (University of Hull @ Scarborough, 2006)
- As Sad As Remembered Happiness (Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon, 2004)
- Of Course It’s A Journey (University of Hull @ Scarborough)
- Artist Project Major (Leeds Beckett University MA, 2012 - 2016)
- Performance Project: The Self (Leeds Beckett University, 2014)
- Lift Off Festival (Leeds Beckett University, 2012 – ‘16)
- Performing the Self (Leeds Beckett University, 2011)
- Live Art (Royal Holloway University London, 2006)
Other Module Delivery
National Youth Theatre Forum, York, 2013
A half day devsing workshop, introducing Youth Theatre leaders to our some of our processes and starting points.
Script: TENacity, Birmingham, 2011
A three day Devising For Writers workshop, exploring text generating exercises, rule based devising and games to create text.
Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon 2004 & 2007
A 9 and 6 week teaching residency in Devising and Directing for theatre makers and other artists, commissioned by Fundacao Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisboa and designed and delivered by Third Angel. Both projects included solo and group projects and public showings of work produced on the course.
Cuarta Pared, Madrid, 2003
A week-long devising masterclass for professional artists and recent graduates. The exercises making up the course produced several small performance projects. Commissioned by Cuarta Pared, Madrid.